Are your considering cruising the canals of France?
Welcome to the widest selection of boating holidays in Europe and France.
Discover the beauty of France's lakes, rivers and canals, their surrounding villages and countryside - all from a unique perspective of your private sundeck.
Boating is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy quality time with family and friends, whether your are looking for an affordable fun time or a relaxing gastronomic break, we promise you to give you a wonderfully holiday to remember.
Christian Blondeau says: " I compare it to Luxury Camping on water" - It is a very popular, easy and affordable holiday concept that which suits all types of Australian travellers.
Who is Le BOAT for? Anyone can drive a Le Boat with No permit needed, that’s the beauty of it! It’s perfect for families, couples wanting tranquillity or groups of friends of any age. Boats can fit from 2 to up to 12 people on board.
Why will you love it? Australians are always looking for something new and different from the norm especially on their second or third trip to Europe, so why not try Le Boat canal cruise for something different !
- NO permit required
- Only requires 45 Minutes training
- YES you can add bike rentals as an option
- YES there are transfers pre and post cruise available
- Prices per week vary according to seasons, locations and boat size and types.
- from $1,300 for 2 people
- from $1,400 for 2 to 4 people
- from $2,200 for 4 to 6 people
- from $2,100 for 6 and up to 8 - 10 or 12 people
Group discount available for more than one boat rental.
France at Leisure has always on-going discounts and specials available, so call us to find out more.
More about Le Boat canal cruising...
• The boats are all self-drive; you can hire a boat and drive it up and down French & European waterways at your leisure. It’s like a self-drive holiday, but on water.
• Le Boat is similar to a river cruise luxury barge, but much more affordable and adaptable. The cruisers let you visit small and unique destinations at your own pace that are not accessible to larger vessels.
• At the time of boarding, the local host teaches you everything you need to know in the first few hours on-board, and then you are on your way cruising. It is that easy!
• If you need assistance along the way there are bases only a few hours apart along each waterway to help any traveller that may have difficultly.
Our tips and recommendations on rental boat canal cruising:
Christian always recommends hiring a larger boat than necessary to offer more comfort and privacy, such as a 6 berth for 4 people is fine, or perhaps for larger groups 2 boats is also possible. We have boat for up to 10 or 12 people.
Most Australian travellers are booking river in France and the most popular regions are Canal du Midi and Burgundy, however, they also have excellent holidays options in the Camargue, Aquitaine, Lot, Charente and Brittany.
-" travellers should select a 'one-way' cruise - it is worth the extra 100 odd dollars not to do twice the same river and therefore see twice more than a return cruise.
- "select a cruise with the lesser locks - it will make your journey so much more enjoyable with less interruptions...
-" take the option to add bikes on your cruise - it is part of the concept to visit the villages and sites along the way...
So, now that you know a bit more about this amazing product - do not hesitate to consider it in your itinerary to Europe.
Click here to download a brochure or call us on 1300 302 623 an one will be sent to your home.