Deluxe Class Barge
6 Cabins with 6 Crew
Price per person in a twin share cabin from: A$ 7,530
Panache is a hotel barge that has been fitted out in traditional yacht style with brass and mahogany fittings in the spacious public areas and very comfortable cabin accommodation. In the saloon the panoramic windows let in plenty of natural light, and the tempting cocktail bar and comfortable leather sofas are enhanced by polished hardwood flooring. The separate roomy dining area provides a congenial setting for up to 12 guests to enjoy the gourmet meals and fine wines served on board.
Outside, the spacious sun deck is the perfect place to unwind and admire the passing scenery in one of the comfortable chairs, or to enjoy being served a long, lazy alfresco lunch at the outside dining table. The heated spa pool and plentiful number of bicycles for you to explore the towpath complete the picture.
She then cruising in Champagne for a number of weeks in May & June. The Champagne itineraries typically include Brie cheese tastings, a tour of the Cathedral at Reim, Epernay and of course, tastings at renowned Champagne houses.
In the Summer and Autumn, Panache cruises the beautiful and varied waterways of Alsace & Lorraine, a region of France offering a unique mix of French and German cultures, history and local gastronomy.
Panache’s voyage through Alsace & Lorraine will give you the opportunity to appreciate the very best of the region, passing storybook villages along the way, visiting places such as Strasbourg, renowned for their Baroque and Romanesque architecture and uniquely, experiencing Europe’s most famous boat elevator!
Champagne (Late May & June)
- Enjoy a private winery tour and tasting at renowned champagne houses
- Visit the village of Hautvilliers where Dom Perignon discovered the Méthode Champenoise Tour the majestic cathedral in Reims, where the Kings of France were once crowned Cruise the pretty River Marne past waterside vineyards
- Visit the champagne ‘capital’ of Epernay for a cellar tour and private tasting
- Visit Château-Thierry, the scene of fierce battles in World War I, and Belleau Wood
Alsace & Lorraine (July to October)
- Tour the beautiful city of Strasbourg and visit its Gothic cathedral
- Explore the Route des Vins d’Alsace and a private wine tasting
- Visit the Meteor Brewery, founded in 1640
- Experience an ascent or descent of the unique Arzviller boat elevator
- Visit the spectacular René Lalique Collection
- Tour of Sarrebourg including a visit to the Chagall chapel
- Enjoy a candlelit meal whilst cruising through the two Arzviller tunnels
- Excellent towpath for walking