OUR HOTEL BARGE SELECTION PER REGION
OUR HOTEL BARGE SELECTION - We have vessels available for up to 24 passengers with cabin sizes varying from cozy and compact to ultra-deluxe staterooms comparable to top hotel rooms. Our crews are trained to provide the highest levels of service whilst making you feel totally at home. Our office staff will equally guide you effortlessly through the process of booking the holiday of a lifetime.
Discover the fascinating world of barging, through the vineyards of Burgundy, on the shady Canal du Midi in Southern France, the historic region of the Loire Valley, through the stunning landscapes of the Garonne and Bordeaux wine region, picturesque Alsace & Lorraine.
BURGUNDY BARGE CRUISES
France is where the idea of luxury barge cruises first started, due in no small part to the myriad of waterways which cross not only its scenic countryside but also many of its historic towns and cities. And while a Burgundy barge cruise may not be one of the best known holiday options for visitors to France, those who do discover hotel barging in Burgundy are sure not to be disappointed.
In fact, taking a Burgundy barge cruise down one of the region’s canals is a truly wonderful experience. The area boasts some of the world’s finest wines with around 60,000 acres of sunlit vines and arguably the prettiest canals in France. The waterways wind through the heart of the territory’s renowned vineyards, medieval towns, elegant châteaux, magnificent cathedrals, picturesque villages, and wonderful local markets. En route, barging in Burgundy guarantees our clients a wealth of sightseeing opportunities.
- L’Impressionniste - Burgundy - L’Impressionniste is a deluxe, 12 passenger hotel barge that cruises the Burgundy Canal in the wine region of Southern Burgundy.
- L’Art de Vivre - Burgundy - L’Art de Vivre is a first-class, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises the charming Canal du Nivernais and River Yonne in Burgundy
- La Belle Epoque - Burgundy - La Belle Epoque is a deluxe, 12 passenger hotel barge that cruises the picturesque Burgundy Canal in Northern Burgundy.
- Finesse - Burgundy - Finesse is an ultra-deluxe, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises the River Saône and Canal du Centre in Southern Burgundy.
- Renaissance - Burgundy - Renaissance is an ultra-deluxe, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises the canals of the Upper Loire and Western Burgundy.
- Savoir Vivre - Burgundy - Loosely translated as “Knowing How to Live the Good Life”, the Savoir Vivre cruises through the gourmet center of the Cote d’Or, introducing guests to the iconic Burgundian traditions of food and wine through a deliciously distinctive dining program.
- Belmond Lilas - Burgundy - Glide through burgundy on our sleek and beautiful new barge, which offers an intimate atmosphere and bespoke service for just eight passengers.
- Belmond Amaryllis - Burgundy - Explore the lush, fabled wine region of burgundy aboard our elegant barge, which captures both the classic style and ebullient spirit of la belle France.
- Belmond Fleur de Lys - Burgundy - Visit the magnificent châteaux and vineyards at the heart of burgundy on board this opulent, barge, which allows up to six guests to spread out in style.
CRUISING THE CANAL DU MIDI
This 330-year-old waterway skirts the sun-drenched shores of the Mediterranean before meandering inland through ancient villages, Roman fortifications, and famed vineyards. A UNESCO World Heritage site, this canal is defined by its beauty, lined with shady plane trees which often touch to form an arc of green above the water from bank to bank, and crossed by pretty arched bridges. The warm Mediterranean weather and relaxed pace of life is sure to lull you into unwinding as your luxury Canal du Midi barge meanders gently downstream.
This is the perfect place for cycling or walking along scenic towpaths, or simply watching the scenery pass by as you relax on the deck of your Canal du Midi barge with a cool drink. In the distance, you can see the Pyrenees, whereas closer to hand are the vineyards that stretch for thousands of square miles. Enjoy private wine tastings at one of the various chateaux en route.
- Anjodi - Canal Du Midi - Anjodi is a first-class, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises the historic Canal du Midi in southwest France
- Enchanté - Canal Du Midi - Enchanté is an ultra-deluxe, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises the sun-drenched Canal du Midi in southwest France
- Athos - Canal Du Midi - Athos is a first-class 10 passenger hotel barge that cruises the historic Canal du Midi in southwest France
LOIRE VALLEY CRUISES
The spectacular Loire Valley and its main tributary, the River Cher, have carried cargo and passengers for over 2000 years, since pre-Roman times as it winds through sandbanks to the Atlantic Ocean. The Valley of the Kings is a timeless region of spectacular beauty and grace and we are delighted to offer the only hotel barge cruising through its heart.
The Loire Valley is as rich in legend as it is in beauty; here the aristocracy of France have built their castles and palaces over the centuries and you will realise that, fortunately, little has changed. Talk to a cheese-maker and find out why he is the most famous goat’s cheese in France. Wind your way through the narrow streets of a centuries-old village, perhaps discovering hidden shops with hand-painted pottery, or stumble across an open market on your own.
- Nymphea - Loire Valley - Nymphea is a first-class, 6 passenger hotel barge that cruises the River Cher in the heart of the Loire Valley
CHAMPAGNE & ALSACE
Since the reign of Emperor Charlemagne, the Champagne region has been one of the great heartlands of Europe and now thanks to its world famous sparkling wine, is a mecca for those who appreciate the best in gastronomy.
The region starts around 75 miles from Paris, around the city of Meaux and stretches along the beautiful River Marne to the city of Epernay, home of such renowned Champagne houses as Moet & Chandon. There is a plethora of vineyards spread across the undulating plains as far as the eye can see, brilliant green with the new leaves of spring, turning to gold as the grapes ripen in the autumn.
Alsace-Lorraine is a unique corner of France. Discover a land of storybook castles, rolling vineyards of Alsatian wines as well as Baroque, Gothic and Romanesque architecture. For centuries, the great empires of Europe confronted one another at this strategic and military crossroads. The area’s unique blend of French and German influences are strongly evident in its customs, cuisine, wines, architecture, and language.
- Panache - Champagne & Alsace - Panache is a deluxe, 12 passenger hotel barge that cruises in Holland, Belgium, Picardy, Paris, Champagne and Alsace & Lorraine
- Belmond Hirondelle - Champagne
- La Nouvelle Etoile - North East region - La Nouvelle Etoile is an ultra-deluxe, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises in Holland, Belgium, France, Germany and Luxembourg
- Belmond Pivoine - Champagne - Discover the joys of the Champagne region aboard the Newest addition to our fleet. Pivoine lavishly accommodates Eight guests in cool, Contemporary style.
CRUISES IN BORDEAUX
- The Bordeaux region, with its special ‘terroir’, has been producing wine for around 2,000 years and some of the château estates have gained worldwide recognition for their superb and long-lived “Grand Cru” vintages. Lying in the southern part of western France on the Atlantic coast and with a well-drained stony soil, the area gets exactly the right blend of sun, rain and gentle breezes to create their wonderful wines. A hotel barge cruise along the Canal de Garonne is a unique way to explore and appreciate the slow rhythm of this region with its subtle mixture of natural landscapes, medieval bastide towns and iconic vineyards, some of which are grand estates with imposing chateaux and others, more modest family affairs.
- Rosa - Bordeaux region - Rosa is a first-class, 8 passenger hotel barge that cruises the Canal de Garonne in the Gascony and Bordeaux regions of southwest France
CRUISES IN PROVENCE
Provence is a picturesque and diverse region of France. It is also one of the country’s most popular holiday destinations. Often painted by one of the greatest of the Impressionists, Paul Cézanne, emblematic icons of Provence include lavender fields, olive trees, hilltop villages, and Roman-inspired sites. This is where silence is filled with the song of a thousand cicadas. To the south of the region lies the Camargue, the French Wild West. The whole of the Camargue is a Parc Naturel Régional which you will obviously have the chance to see from your barge. Bird-watching, horse riding and the remarkable walled city of Aigues Mortes are just a few things to look forward to on a cruise through the Camargue.
Call us for free advice on which region and which barge will best suit your expectations and budget.
Call 1300 302 623, or contact us by email