First Class Barge
5 Cabins and 5 crew
Price per person in a twin share cabin from: A$ 6,550
Athos was originally built as a commercial sand, grain and wine barge and converted into a luxury hotel barge in 1982. Her association with wine continues today as she gracefully meanders through the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France.
Her intimate saloon is the perfect place to relax on a comfortable sofa with a good book, or to sip an aperitif before enjoying another gourmet meal at the elegant dining table. The barge is air-conditioned throughout and the five bright staterooms, each with a modern en suite shower room, offer all modern comforts and can be in either twin or queen-size double bed configuration.
Outside, her spacious sundeck has a large, adjustable canopy to offer shade during a long, lazy lunch. There are comfortable hardwood deckchairs in which to relax and admire the slowly-passing Midi countryside and, of course, bicycles for the more energetic to venture along the towpath to the next lock or two.
Athos is one of the most traditional hotel barges cruising the Canal du Midi and her welcoming onboard ambience will make your gentle voyage through the Languedoc landscape truly memorable.
- Tour Carcassonne, the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
- Wine tasting at a local château, such as Château Cabezac
- Visit Pezenas, an architectural gem
- Passage through Fonserannes locks
- Visit Narbonne with its Archbishop’s Palace and lively covered market
- Cross the 18th century Orb canal bridge
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling