First Class Barge
4 Cabins with 4 Crew
Price per person in a twin share cabin from: A$6,320
Anjodi is very much a hotel barge of the classic Dutch design and she has the honour of being the founding member of our fleet, embarking on her first cruises along the historic Canal du Midi 35 years ago.
Her well-planned interior makes the most of traditional materials such as African hardwoods and shining brass to create a warm onboard feel, reminiscent of a classic yacht.
The charming saloon is particularly welcoming, with its combination of richly-coloured wooden flooring, elegant French dining furniture and comfortable banquette seating, as well as a fully-stocked bar.
The four compact, cleverly-designed cabins, featuring hardwood panelling and brass portholes, have names evocative of the south of France such as Lavande and Basilic and offer a choice of twin or double-bedded accommodation, each with en suite facilities.
The spacious sundeck is shaded by an adjustable canopy and there are comfortable sun loungers and a spa pool to soak in with a glass of chilled white wine.
Anjodi is a very well-known hotel barge having achieved “film star” status some years ago following her many appearances in the television series Rick Stein’s French Odyssey, when she carried the renowned chef Rick Stein on a voyage of culinary discovery through Southern France. You too can follow in his footsteps with a cruise along the Canal du Midi, a 330-year-old canal with UNESCO World Heritage status.
- Visit to Pezenas, a village associated with the playwright Molière
- Private wine tasting at the 14th century Château de Perdiguier
- Cruise through the world’s oldest canal tunnel at Malpas
- See the spectacular hilltop village of Minerve
- Narbonne’s Archbishop’s Palace and colourful market
- View the Pyrenees mountains across the vineyards and discover Cathar history
- Tour Carcassonne – the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- “Biking Plus” option available