The perfect journey for travelers seeking the crème de la crème of France.
This triumvirate of France brings you the very best of each region—Paris and the Normandy coast in the north, vineyard-rich Bordeaux in the southwest and the sun-drenched Mediterranean delights of Burgundy and Provence.
ULTIMATE FRANCE River Cruise
22 DAYS FROM BORDEAUX TO AVIGNON
You’ll tour glamorous capital cities in leisure and style, explore ancient villages still unspoiled by modern life and walk in the footsteps of famous artists such as Monet and Van Gogh. With Uniworld’s extraordinary excursions, you’ll visit the Palace of the Popes in Avignon, taste incomparable wines in Bordeaux, stroll the charming medieval lanes of Viviers and peruse the famed farmers’ market in Lyon before seeing the city spectacularly illuminated at night. All the while, savor the renowned wines and cooking traditions that have made French cuisine the most revered in the world.
Who will enjoy this cruise: Those who want to experience all that France has to offer, from decadent food and wine to breathtaking scenery and world-famous art and architecture.
Ultimate France is a combination of Paris & Normandy, Brilliant Bordeaux and Burgundy & Provence.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 21 breakfasts, 18 lunches, 21 dinners
- 3 Captain’s Welcome and 3 Captain’s Farewell Receptions
- 3 Welcome and 3 Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, speciality coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 18 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 21-night cruise in a Riverview stateroom on the breathtaking S.S. Bon Voyage, the magical S.S. Joie de Vivre and the striking S.S. Catherine
- Lavishly appointed Riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: France
- 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- First-class TGV train between Lyon and Paris, and Paris and Bordeaux
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including Signature Lectures
- Exclusive Connoisseur Collection and Generations Family Program on select summer departures
The Ships - S.S. CATHERINE and S.S BON VOYAGE AND ST. CAHTERIEN
Uniworld is committed to building a fleet of ships that represents the absolute best in luxury river cruising, combining quality craftsmanship with high-tech innovations and custom-designed interiors. Our second Super Ship, S.S. Catherine, continues this proud tradition of excellence with sumptuous materials and meticulous attention to detail. The vessel’s opulent interiors include a two-story lobby with a specially commissioned Murano glass chandelier and whimsical life-size glass horse.
Category 1 staterooms and suites on the Camargue Deck have open-air balconies that, with the touch of a button, will raise the glass to create a completely enclosed conservatory. Designated suites provide triple accommodation options. Adjoining staterooms are available; please inquire at the time of booking.