A journey steeped in wonder.
Cruise through Paris and Normandy countryside to uncovering its many charms: Richard the Lionheart’s Chateau Gaillard, the medieval capital of Rouen, Monet’s beloved home in Giverny and the famed Normandy beaches.
Paris and the Normandy region river cruise
8 DAYS FROM PARIS TO PARIS
Normandy has been the setting for many battles over the centuries, including the D-Day invasion of WWII, and the Normandy Beaches mean different things to different people, so you’ll have a rare choice to visit several of its historic sites, including Omaha Beach.
Experience a different side of Northern France’s history with a tour of the majestic palace of Versailles, once home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.
See the best of Paris in one of three ways via the “Heart of Paris” cruise and city tour, an exclusive “Do as the Locals Do” tour or an exclusive guided “Let's Go” bike tour. There are plenty of opportunities to take part in more active experiences, such as golfing at Sainte-Mère-Église in Étretat, perched on the cliff high above the sea, making playing golf here a memorable experience and visual feast.
Who will enjoy this cruise - History buffs will be fascinated by D-Day sites and Rouen where Joan of Arc was martyred.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go” and “Do as the Locals Do” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a Riverview stateroom on the alluring S.S. Joie de Vivre
- Lavishly appointed Riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: France
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
THE SHIP - S.S. JOIE DE VIVRE
S.S. Joie de Vivre brings the “joy of living” to the rivers of France. Step aboard your floating pied-à-terre in France, featuring handcrafted furniture and fine antiques, original artwork, and signature accents inspired by 20th-century Parisian design from the Golden Twenties to the free-spirited Sixties, all blending seamlessly with modern conveniences.
Note: Designated suites provide triple-accommodation options. Adjoining staterooms are available; please inquire at the time of booking.
- RIVERS Seine
- GUESTS 128
- STAFF 54
- GRAND SUITE 2 (38 sq m)
- SUITE 8 (24 sq m)
- DELUXE FRENCH BALCONY 16 (18 sq m)
- FRENCH BALCONY 29 (18 sq m)
- CLASSIC 9 (15 - 17 sq m)
- LENGTH 125 m
- WIDTH 11.4 m