A journey of exquisite pleasures.
Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh, Cézanne and Gauguin on this exquisite journey through southern France; the same beautiful countryside and culture that inspired the masters will now inspire you.
BURGUNDY TO PROVENCE RIVER CRUISE
8 DAYS FROM AVIGNON TO LYON
Cruise from Burgundy to Provence on the Rhône and Saône rivers, enjoying the region’s incomparable wine and cuisine and discovering its many treasures—from the medieval wonders of UNESCO-designated Avignon to Lyon’s lively river banks. Stroll the very streets of Arles made famous by Van Gogh. Visit Avignon’s majestic Palace of the Popes. Experience “Village Day” in enchanting Viviers, including a recital of music composed by Bach and Handel. And for those who wish for a more active exploration of the area, you can kayak on the tranquil Gardon River under the UNESCO-designated Pont du Gard; hike the steepest vineyards on the Rhône; and pedal through the city designed with bike riders in mind while in Lyon. Explore unforgettable “Burgundy & Provence” where tradition is as deeply rooted as the historic grapevines on the hills.
Who will enjoy this cruise - Travelers wishing to walk through the lands that inspired Van Gogh, Cézanne and Gauguin. History buffs, gastronomes and wine connoisseurs.
Connoisseur Collection (select sailings)- Enjoy a culinary-focused French cruise that will take you to famous restaurants, truffle farms, quaint villages and other culinary hot spots, including a tasting of premium Valrhona French chocolate and wine.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a Riverview stateroom on the striking S.S. Catherine
- Lavishly appointed Riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: France
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Exclusive Connoisseur Collection on select summer departures
The Ship - S.S. CATHERINE
Uniworld is committed to building a fleet of ships that represents the absolute best in luxury river cruising, combining quality craftsmanship with high-tech innovations and custom-designed interiors. Our second Super Ship, S.S. Catherine, continues this proud tradition of excellence with sumptuous materials and meticulous attention to detail. The vessel’s opulent interiors include a two-story lobby with a specially commissioned Murano glass chandelier and whimsical life-size glass horse.
Category 1 staterooms and suites on the Camargue Deck have open-air balconies that, with the touch of a button, will raise the glass to create a completely enclosed conservatory. Designated suites provide triple accommodation options. Adjoining staterooms are available; please inquire at the time of booking.
- RIVERS Rhône, Saône
- GUESTS 159
- STAFF 57
- GRAND SUITE 1 (38 sq m)
- SUITE 5 (28.3 sq m)
- DELUXE BALCONY 23 (18 sq m)
- FRENCH BALCONY 38 (18 sq m)
- CLASSIC 12 (15 sq m)
- LENGTH 135 m
- WIDTH 11.4 m