ANZAC ONE DAY TOUR IN THE SOMME
- Starts - 9.30 am from Amiens train station or Hotel
- Conditions - minimum of 2 people
- Price per person - $250 (group discount applies)
Dedicated to the Australian battlefield sites.
Our professional ANZAC one-day tour operator is fully registered with the French authorities and the Somme Tourist Board and specialises in taking Australians to memorials, battlefields, military cemeteries and to visit the gravesites of fallen relatives and friends. Whether your interest is personal or historical, this tour is extremely informative.
Our tours are very flexible and will normally incorporate as many sites of interest as possible that clients wish to see, obviously main battle areas are a must but sometimes our groups may have had family that fought in lesser-known battles, these again can usually be visited.
Main Battle sites in France - Somme - Pozieres, Flers, Villers Brettoneux, Peronne, Le Hamel, Mont St. Quentin, Ligny Thilloy, Bapaume and Bullecourt. Our tours then follow the line after the battles of Mont St Quentin to the Hindenberg line to the last Australian engagement at Mont Brehain.
OUR ONE DAY TOUR IN THE SOMME
The Western Front Tour is operated by the longest established Australian battlefield tour company for the western front battlefields.
Day Tour - out of Amiens
- Pick Up time: 9.30 am at Amiens Train Station or your Hotel
- Drop off time: 5.00 – 5.15 pm approximately at Amiens train station
Few of the sites visited during the tour - if times permits:
- Visit the Adelaide cemetery
- Villers-Bretonneux Franco-Australian museum and school
- Sir John Monash Centre with entry
- Australian national memorial
- Albert, Pozieres
- Beaumont Hamel Trench Park
- Australian 1st division Memorials…
There is a limited number of people on each tour, so we recommend you to book early.
Recommended Train from Paris Gare du Nord: 7h28am, arriving Amiens at 8h47am. Please check times prior as these may have changed.
(Transport via Mini Bus)