Renaissance Luxury Barge in the Loire Valley
Ultra Deluxe Barge
4 Cabins with 5 Crew
Price per person in a twin share cabin from: A$9,590
Renaissance has been designed to carry her guests in ultimate luxury along the Canal de Briare, France’s oldest canal and steeped in history on a cruise route that features elegant chateaux, small countryside villages and the famed wine-growing region of Sancerre.
She is a very spacious hotel barge and the beautifully-appointed saloon with its wooden beams, classic dining furniture and artworks, invokes the atmosphere of a classic French manor house. The comfortable leather sofas and hand-built bar where you can enjoy your pre-dinner aperitif, add to the feeling of onboard opulence.
The ‘Renaissance mood’ extends to the four very generously-sized twin or double bedded bedroom suites, (approx. 265sq ft including en suite), each one fully air-conditioned and complemented by a large en suite bathroom.
Outside, the large forward deck includes a covered roof extension with a circular table for alfresco dining, comfortable hardwood sun loungers and a heated spa pool.
With her refined onboard ambience, Renaissance is the perfect vessel on which to cruise a historic canal and experience the splendour of landmarks en route, including Gustav’s Eiffels’s aqueduct across the mighty River Loire.
- Visit to Château de Fontainebleau
- Visit to the privately-owned Château de la Bussière
- 7-lock flight at Rogny-Les-Sept-Ecluses
- Visit to Château de Sully-sur-Loire, a moated fortress and ‘monument historique’
- Cruise across the aqueduct at Briare, built by Gustave Eiffel over the River Loire
- Wine tasting in Sancerre
- Visit Gien, home of the Faience pottery
- Excellent towpath for walking and bicycling
- “Biking Plus” option available
Download the current barge brochure
See presentation video :