First Class Barge
4 Cabins with 4 Crew
Price per person in a twin share cabin from: A$ 6,320
L’Art de Vivre is the oldest hotel barge in our fleet and was built in England during World War One as a supply vessel to the Allied troops battling in the Somme.
Today her life is a little less dramatic as she cruises one of France’s longest-established canals, the Canal du Nivernais.
She is very much a traditional barge in style, with original wood and brass features that emphasise her heritage and create a warm and inviting interior atmosphere. The comfortable, compact cabins all have modern en suite facilities and the delightful saloon combines contemporary leather with more traditional furnishings.
Outside, there is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide through the pretty Burgundy countryside and a spa pool to soak in. You can explore the ever-present towpath on foot or on one of the barge’s bicycles towpath, before rejoining the L’Art de Vivre at one of the locks up ahead.
This region of Burgundy with its charming villages and centuries-old history simply oozes charm and your cruise aboard L’Art de Vivre is a journey back in time along a magical waterway.
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent cathedral Private wine tasting of Chablis and Petit Chablis in the cellars of a renowned Domaine
- Tour Noyers-sur-Serein, one of the most beautiful villages in Burgundy
- Visit the picturesque town of Vezelay and its hilltop basilica
- Visit elegant Château de Bazoches
- Optional hot air ballooning
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- “Biking Plus” option available
- Dinner at the 5 Star Château de Vault-de-Lugny