BORDEAUX BIKE RIVER CRUISES
The MS BORDEAUX river cruise ship is 78 meters long and 10 meters wide. It accommodates a maximum of 80 guests in 45 cabins.
To ensure that all guests have space, some of the cabins are reserved for single travellers.
For your comfort we take a maximum of 80 passengers on board for any navigation of more than one day.
The ship sails under experienced French management.
The Cruise is a boat trip around the mouth of the Gironde in France, the canal along the Garonne, and the Dordogne, which flows along the heart of the most famous vineyards. The passage from effort to relaxation favors this particular recreation. The daily navigation offers exceptional panoramas and allows you to observe as closely as possible the famous “tidal bore”. Be the privileged spectators of this rare natural phenomenon: This wave sweeps over the river twice a day and disturbs the tranquility of the water, and surfers celebrate it every year.
At the confluence of culture and nature, combining sport, travel and adventure, fine wines and refined cuisine. This is a unique experience. The spirit of discovery, mastering the pleasure of encounters, effort, perseverance, mutual help, respect and kindness characterize this form of travel. Customers from all over the world and all age groups discover this form of travel with enthusiasm.
All cabins have daylight, carpeted floors, individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV and a mini safe. All cabins have a small window which can be opened. They have a bathroom with shower, toilet and sink.
Lower deck cabins:
Upper deck cabins
- 34 Two-bed cabins with separate and adjacent single beds, which can be folded in during the day. The cabins are approx. 7.5 – 8.0 M² in size
- 2 Junior suite cabins: There are 2 junior suites (about 11.6 M²) with additional small seats and 2 beds, which are 1.90 meters long. Convertible in double bed 160 cm (on request)
- 11 twin cabins with the same equipment as the cabins on the lower deck. The windows on the upper deck are slightly larger and can also be opened.
- 2 single cabins, the bed is 1m wide and 1.90 meters long. The cabins are about 7.5 m² in size.
Places to meet and relax: The front of the ship houses the tastefully decorated salon / lounge with large panoramic windows, a well-stocked bar and a small dance floor. The rear area fits the separate restaurant. On the partially covered sun deck, seating areas with chairs and tables invite you to linger. A bicycle storage facility is located on the back deck.
The on-board Services
- Free WIFI on the whole ship
- Breakfast buffet and dinner. Lunches can be packed during breakfast.
- Security, heating and air conditioning in all cabins.
- Daily cleaning of the cabins.
- Complimentary afternoon tea and coffee
Cost price are per person in Euros for 2019 cruises
CASTETS-EN-DORTHE VIA BORDEAUX TO LIBOURNE - FRONSAC - or Vice versa
Our bike tours
The daily bike tours are between 25 and 55 km, with the possibility of making visits more or less long. Visits are easy to moderate and if you are not at the best of your condition, you can choose an electric bike.
Every day promises surprises. Bordeaux, its historical sites, its landscapes, attractions and the meeting with the population offer a special experience. Visits of castles and vineyards, museums, historic buildings and playgrounds can be used to travel with children. We will show you what there is to discover, you decide where you stop. And your hotel room moves with you. No need to make and unpack. Your boat will allow you to discover the vineyards by bike in the heart of more than 117 000 hectares, and to discover each day the different wineries. The paths pass through small villages typical of history and monuments, always worthy of a cultural break.
The historic heart of Bordeaux, the village of Saint-Emilion or the fortress of Blaye are local treasures
Optional Bike rental cost:
- Bike rental with 21 gears, hand brakes, pannier bag – A$120
- Electrical bike (E-bike) – A$270 (limited number available)
- Other types of bicycles are on request
• Tour and accommodation on board in the booked cabin category during 8 days/7 nights
• Full board: 7 x breakfast, 6 x picnic lunch during bike tours, 7 x three course dinner
• Use of bed linen and towels (change of towels daily possible); daily cleaning of the cabin
• Welcome cocktail, presentation of ship + crew and briefing on the first evening;
• Tour leader (English speaking) with daily briefings of the bike tours, some short walking tours; individual cycling / semi-guided cycling tours: tour leader is not guiding the group, but cycling in the area and can be contacted during bike tours by mobile hone in case of questions, problems or emergencies (fully guided cycling as option/ surcharge)
• Printed instructions and detailed maps for individual daily bike tours, 1 set/cabin
• Complimentary coffee and tea every afternoon
• Transfers on request from/to Bordeaux to/from the docking places in Castets-en-Dorthe and Libourne
• Package guided cycling
• Rental bicycle and Rental E-bike
• Other transfers, parking fees, entrance fees & excursions & wine tastings, drinks on board
• Personal insurances, gratuities (at your discretion)
Bordeaux Golf Cruise
From April to October, 8 days / 7 nights, from Saturday to Saturday.
Enjoy 6 golf courses, the wonderful wines and the entire cultural region.
The golfing cruise is a way to discover Bordeaux in a different way. Every day, the MS Bordeaux brings you to a new golf club. In 8 days, you will get to know 6 different golf clubs and have the opportunity to play there. After a day on the golf course, you will be able to enjoy a drink on the sun deck. Then our chef cooks a French dinner and we recommend the fitting wines.
Important to know: At least 8 golfers need to book this trip so that it can take place.
FOR RESERVATION, call 1300 302 623 or email your expression of interest to receive a details itinerary.