Tour Name: D-Day 75th Anniversary Tour
Departure Date: 4th June 2019 from London
Price: From A$1,300 per person (based on twin share)
D-DAY 75th ANNIVERSARY TOUR
04-08 JUNE 20109 - 4 night D-Day 75th Anniversary Tour, London - Normandy - London
With option to the tour and cover the WW1 Somme Battlefields.
Trace the events that left a mark on the 20th century – and on France’s northern fringes, and see the places you’ve read about in history books, setting the scene for an unforgettable experience.
About the D-Day 75th Anniversary tour:
The 6th June 2019 will witness the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings, one of the turning points of the Second World War. By nightfall more than 150,000 Allied soldiers had been successfully landed and it marked the beginning of the end of Nazi Germany and the first step in the road to Victory in the West. Due to several major events in the region, hotel space is limited in the main Normandy area, but we are pleased to offer this tour which will stay in Lower Normandy or Brittany and attend the D-Day 75 Ceremony at Bayeux, and also visit some British and Commonwealth sites. Due to anticipated security, unfortunately it will not be possible to visit American beaches during D-Day 75.
- On the Executive coach departure we currently have 12 passengers booked on 48 seater coach. We currently have twin, double and single rooms available.
- From AUD $1,300 per person, twin share
- From AUD $1,685 per person, single share
- For the Silver Service coach departure we currently have 24 passengers booked on 40 seater coach. We currently have twin and single rooms available.
- From AUD $1,410 per person, twin share
- From AUD $1,870 per person, single share
- 4 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 2 evening meals
- Specialist Battlefield Guide
- Battlefield visits as described
- Convenient local joining points
- Travel by executive coach or upgrade to Silver Service
- Day 1 - Local departure by coach, then to our hotel in northern France for an overnight stay.
- Day 2 - British D-Day - We depart this morning for Normandy. We look at the British Airborne story on D-Day seeing where the landing and drop zones were located, visit Ranville War Cemetery and the Pegasus Bridge area. We then proceed to our hotel in Lower Normandy or Brittany for two nights. Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 - D-Day 75th Anniversaries - We depart early today for the 75th Anniversary of D-Day, and attend the main British commemoration at Bayeux War Cemetery. Later we visit some D-Day sites in the British beaches area, Gold, Juno and Sword, depending on security arrangements and other events. Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 - Beyond D-Day - Today we look at the battle beyond D-Day, visiting some inland areas including Villers-Bocage and Hill 112. We then travel through the Bocage into Arromanches for lunch and time to see the Mulberry Harbour before heading to our overnight hotel in northern France. Included meals: Breakfast
- Day 5 - Transfer to London or staying in France.
For more information and reservation call 1300 302 623 or email you request.